The Committee for Sustainable Grand County Libraries was formed in April 2013 by a group of citizens who believe that the Grand County Library District is a vital core in our communities, and an important source of education, and literacy. The Committee’s sole purpose is to promote passage of the Grand County Library District’s ballot issue #1A in November 2013.
What is the November 2013 ballot issue #1A about?
Grand County voters are being asked to consider a mill levy increase for the Grand County Library District (GCLD) to sustain library services, materials, and programs at their current levels and prevent a reduction in open hours and staffing.
How can I help?
1) Grand County ballots will be mailed October 15th.
Voters can register at all the usual places – County Clerk’s Office; Town Clerk’s Office; High School Principal; Human Services agencies; any Driver License office; we can mail, e-mail, or fax a form; you (or anyone else) can hand out forms; and people can register or update their information on-line at www.govotecolorado.com.
2) Last day to register online to vote is October 28, 2013
Registration can be made in person at the County Clerk’s Office up to and including Election Day (November 5).
3) VOTE “YES” FOR #1A GRAND COUNTY LIBRARIES IN OCTOBER/NOVEMBER!
Voting “YES” Means
- $12 PER YEAR per $100,000 residential valuation
- Current open hours will remain
- Current staffing levels will be maintained
- Library programs for children and adults will be maintained
- Library services, materials and technology will be maintained
Voting “NO” Means
- Branches will be open fewer days per week
- Reduction of support staff and library staff
- Less programming for children and adults
- Reduction in library services, materials and technology